If you don't have the willingness to tinker and learn... TURN BACK!.
Tasmota is not a commercial product and support is limited. You have to be willing to research and solve potential problems yourself.
Tasmota is an open source firmware for Espressif ESP8266, ESP32, ESP32-S or ESP32-C3 chipset based devices created and maintained by Theo Arends.
Everything began as Sonoff-MQTT-OTA with a commit on 25th January 2016, by Theo Arends. Its goal was to provide ESP8266 based ITEAD Sonoff devices with MQTT and 'Over the Air' or OTA firmware.
What started as a simple way to hack a cloud bound Sonoff Basic (one of the first cheap and accessible smart home devices in the market) into a locally controlled device has grown into a fully fledged ecosystem for virtually any ESP8266 based device.
Any contribution helps our team and makes Tasmota better for the entire community!
Everybody is welcome and invited to contribute to Tasmota Project by:
- providing Pull Requests (Features, Proof of Concepts, Language files or Fixes)
- testing new released features and report issues
- donating to acquire hardware for testing and implementing or out of gratitude
- contributing missing documentation for features and devices
People helping to keep the show on the road:
- David Lang providing initial issue resolution and code optimizations
- Heiko Krupp for his IRSend, HTU21, SI70xx and Wemo/Hue emulation drivers
- Wiktor Schmidt for Travis CI implementation
- Thom Dietrich for PlatformIO optimizations
- Marinus van den Broek for his EspEasy groundwork
- Pete Ba for more user friendly energy monitor calibration
- Lobradov providing compile optimization tips
- Flexiti for his initial timer implementation
- reloxx13 for his TasmoAdmin management tool
- Joachim Banzhaf for his TSL2561 library and driver
- Gijs Noorlander for his MHZ19, SenseAir and updated PubSubClient drivers
- Erik Montnemery for his HomeAssistant Discovery concept and many code tuning tips
- Federico Leoni for continued HomeAssistant Discovery support
- Aidan Mountford for his HSB support
- Daniel Ztolnai for his Serial Bridge implementation
- Gerhard Mutz for multiple sensor & display drivers, Sunrise/Sunset, and scripting
- Nuno Ferreira for his HC-SR04 driver
- Adrian Scillato for his (security) fixes and implementing and maintaining KNX
- Gennaro Tortone for implementing and maintaining Eastron drivers
- Raymond Mouthaan for managing Wemos Wiki information
- Norbert Richter for his decode-config.py tool
- Andre Thomas for providing thehackbox OTA support and daily development builds
- Joel Stein, digiblur and Shantur Rathore for their Tuya research and driver
- Frogmore42 for providing many issue answers
- Jason2866 for platformio support and providing many issue answers
- Blakadder for managing the new document site and providing template management
- Stephan Hadinger for refactoring light driver, enhancing HueEmulation and Zigbee support
- tmo for designing the official Tasmota logo
- Stefan Bode for his Shutter and Deep sleep drivers
- Jacek Ziółkowski for his TDM management tool and Tasmotizer flashing tool
- Christian Staars for NRF24L01 and HM-10 Bluetooth sensor support
- Paul Diem for UDP Group communication support
- Jörg Schüler-Maroldt for his initial ESP32 port
- Many more providing Tips, Wips, Pocs, PRs and Donations
This program is licensed under GPL-3.0