Any contribution helps our team and makes Tasmota better for the entire community!
You can contribute by:
- providing Pull Requests (Features, Proof of Concepts, Language files or Fixes)
- testing new released features and report issues
- donating to acquire hardware for testing and implementing or out of gratitude
- contributing documentation for features and devices
- submitting new device templates
- fixing spelling mistakes, broken links and other errors in the documentation
- writing guides on wiring and using sensors or your DIY projects featuring Tasmota
You need a GitHub user account to be able to edit
If you spot an error in an article use the pencil icon link at the top of the page, near the title, to correct it. This version of documentation uses strick markdown syntax with some enchancements. See Markdown Cheatsheet for all features
You'll be taken to the GitHub repository page of that file.
Click on the edit button (pencil icon). Edit/Add the text you wanted. When finished find the Propose file change button at the bottom and click it.
Next you need to click Create pull request which is GitHub speak for propose changes.
In the PR window add a small description of what you did and click Create pull request
Now you wait for one of the Tasmota admins to approve your PR (or deny , no guarantees!)
You've made a contribution to the Tasmota project making it a better experience for all future users. Thank you!
Adding devices to the documentation~
If you're adding a new page, go to documentation GitHub and click Create new file, name the file with .md extension.